Social media guidelines
Welcome to the Sallie Mae social media community! Here, we can chat about everything having to do with saving, planning, and paying for college. These guidelines will ensure that we have an informative conversation about making college happen.
- We love it when everyone talks about saving, planning, and paying for college. But be courteous, relevant, and respectful. We’ll delete posts that aren’t.
- We’ll delete posts and/or ban users who are: threatening, defamatory, derogatory, inflammatory, profane, inappropriate, sexually explicit, or pornographic in nature; that are spam; or that violate copyright or trademark law. We’ll also delete duplicative posts.
Keep it private
- Protect your personal info. Don’t post account passwords, contact information, Social Security numbers, or other sensitive information in any social media channel.
- We’ll never ask you for confidential information on a social media platform. Use our Feedback form to communicate privately with us; your communications won’t be visible to anyone else. Don’t give your account number or other sensitive information.
Check out a few final notes
- Sponsored posts (posts that we pay for) will clearly be marked with “sponsored,” “ad,” etc.
- We may occasionally share content from other sources, but that doesn’t mean we’re endorsing an individual, website, or company. Participation in #FF (Follow Fridays) doesn’t mean an endorsement, either.
- Social media sites that we use are owned, managed, and controlled by that particular site (Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, YouTube, and others). They’re not affiliated with Sallie Mae. When you use those sites, you’re subject to their privacy and security policies, which may be different than ours.
- Are you from the media? Visit our newsroom for more information.
- Online: Use our Feedback form to communicate privately with us; your communications won’t be visible to anyone else.
- By phone: Call our customer service team at 800-472-5543, Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. – 9 p.m.; Friday from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.; and Saturday from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. ET.