Electronic communication disclosure information and consent
Disclosure information about using electronic communication
- You need to be able to view Hyper Text Markup Language (HTML) files and read Adobe PDF files. To do this, you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer. It can be downloaded for free at www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html.
- You consent to receive electronic mail (email) and online communications and disclosures regarding your deposit account instead of by regular mail. Except as noted below or otherwise at our discretion, communications will not be furnished on paper. You represent to us that you have the necessary hardware and software, as stated above.
- Your consent will apply to all information we send to you, or disclose or communicate to you online, relating to your deposit account, including required tax statements such as IRS Form 1099-INT (if your account pays interest). You agree that such information may be communicated online to you by posting notices, disclosures, statements, and other communications, including the annual privacy notice, on our website at www.salliemae.com/save-for-college/savings-products, or by sending such information to you by email, including attachments or embedded links. Your consent also permits us to obtain your electronic signature if you choose to sign certain communications, such as account agreements or authorizations for recurring electronic funds transfers. If you do sign electronically, your electronic signature will bind you to the terms and conditions to the same extent as if you signed the communications on paper with an ink signature.
- If you change your email address, you consent to sign into your online account and update your email address. For information that is required by law to be sent to you, such as IRS Form 1099-INT (if applicable), if we receive an electronic notice that an email is undeliverable due to an incorrect or inoperative email address, then we will resend such required information (such as IRS Form 1099-INT, if applicable) via U.S. Postal Service. Other communications will not be resent if we receive an electronic notice that the email is undeliverable due to an incorrect or inoperative email address.
- You may obtain a paper copy of the electronic information by printing it from your computer. If you request a paper copy of a statement or other communication, we may, on occasion, comply with such request, but in most cases we will charge a fee for such paper copy. In no event will we charge you for a paper copy of IRS forms that we send to you. The request for a paper statement will not by itself constitute a withdrawal of consent. If applicable, your IRS Form 1099-INT will remain available electronically for at least one year after the date it is originally made available to you electronically.
- You may withdraw your consent to the receipt of electronic communications by contacting us at 877-346-2756 or by writing to us at:
Sallie Mae Bank
175 S. West Temple, Suite 600
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
Your withdrawal of consent will take effect five (5) days after we receive such request. Your withdrawal of consent will not apply to communications that were furnished electronically before the date on which the withdrawal of consent takes effect. For tax statements (such as IRS Form 1099-INT, if applicable) that were to be furnished electronically, we will confirm the withdrawal of consent and the date it takes effect by notifying you electronically, and will furnish the next tax statement (such as IRS Form 1099-INT, if applicable) via U.S. Postal Service.
- If you withdraw your consent to receive electronic communications, we will terminate the relationship and close your account(s), and return the current balance and any accrued interest to you via external linked account or check.